Another race that no working person gets to see; I totally forgot about it until 3 pm this afternoon! Good ol’ Jeff Gordon gets the win, pretty impressive with 85 wins, 3rd all-time. Unfortunately for Yooper Drive, it still wasn’t enough to take down #1 Buzz. Good news for Ol’ 2-Time: $30 in skins money this year.
- FenderBenders def. Donnie Barqs, 134-128
- Buzz def. Yooper Drive, 124-121
- T-Bone def. Shake and Bake, 130-112
- GMNY Racing def. Mike’s Bastards, 137-122
- Pecos Flames def. Chandler Smoke, 128-108
Skin: Jeff Gordon (Yooper Drive), $5
The playoff field is shaping up; 4 teams have clinched: Buzz, GMNY Racing, Donnie Barqs, and T-Bone. Several teams are fairly close in record, and when it comes to playoff seeding and who makes it, HEAD-TO-HEAD is the first tie-breaker! KNOW THE RULES.
In the Petty Division: If Shake and Bake wins this week, they clinch. Even if they lose and either FenderBenders or Chandler Smoke win, it will go to a tiebreaker, of which the first tiebreaker is head-to-head, and Shake and Bake leads both teams in that category.
In the Earnhardt division: Buzz and GMNY Racing are tied in record and in head-to-head, but Buzz leads in points. If they both lose and either Donnie Barqs and T-Bone win, goes to tie-breaker for head-to-head. Should make for an exciting week!
I will be setting up a loser’s bracket for those who don’t make the playoffs; teams #7 and #8 will get a bye, very similar to Toilet Bowl settings in Football.
- Buzz, 15-10-0, 3,221 pts
- Shake and Bake, 12-11-2, 2,884 pts
- GMNY Racing, 15-10-0, 3,126 pts
- Donnie Barqs, 14-11-0, 3,145 pts
- T-Bone, 14-11-0, 3,029 pts
- Pecos Flames, 13-12-0, 3,080 pts
- Chandler Smoke, 12-13-0, 2,889 pts
- FenderBenders, 12-13-0, 2,808 pts
- Yooper Drive, 9-15-1, 2,993 pts
- Mike’s Bastards, 7-17-1
Full results/standings are here.