Welcome to the 2012 LFN Season! We have 36 weeks of fantasy racing coming up, let’s get it started.
Monday Night Under the Lights? How about Tuesday Morning Travesty? From the rain delay(s) to Danica Nation to idiots driving into trucks filled with jet fuel, this race was a disaster. Raise your hand if you had a driver crash out. I haven’t seen this much carnage since John Rambo took a little boat trip down the Salween River 4 years ago. Dave Blaney became famous for about 2 hours…then just went away. For those of us who endured that 2 hour jet-fuel delay, we saw what was left of the field finish the race with Matt Kenseth winning cleanly.
- Barqs Motorsports def. Yooper Drive, 87-41.5
- Shake and Bake def. Chandler Smoke, 82.25-51.75
- Pecos Flames def. Buzz, 93.5-58
- Conn’s Bastards def. T-Bone, 73.5-48.25
- Happy Hour JR Machine def. Fender Benders, 71-41.5
Skin: Matt Kenseth (Pecos Flames), $5
The new scoring rules really showed that Race Day is what counts as there were several lopsided matches due to all the wrecks. Heck, Kenseth ALONE beat 4 of the teams. It will be interesting to see if the new scoring rules will provide any more or less strategy moves.
The Hiltunen extended family dominates the first weekend and initial Power Rankings…something in the water out in the ‘Tuke?
- Pecos Flames, 1-0, 93.50 pts
- Barqs Motorsports, 1-0, 87.00 pts
- Shake and Bake, 1-0, 82.25 pts
- Conn’s Bastards, 1-0, 73.50 pts
- Happy Hour JR Machine, 1-0, 71.00 pts
- Buzz, 0-1, 58.00 pts
- Chandler Smoke, 0-1, 51.75 pts
- T-Bone, 0-1, 48.25 pts
- Yooper Drive, 0-1, 41.5 pts
- Fender Benders, 0-1, 41.5 pts
Full results/standings are here.