What a wild race! I don’t think I have heard the word ‘mayhem’ more than I did today. Started with a rain delay, ended by rain, but the race itself was great. Newly crowned points leader Dale JR was leading early…then blew up his transmission. A late restart proved costly for many as Jimmy got loose into Kenseth, sending the leaders crashing away, and giving Jeff Gordon the win. Fender Benders picks up the skin, and the win, crushing #1 Happy Hour JR Machine.
- Fender Benders def. Happy Hour JR Machine, 95.00-48.50
- Buzz def. Yooper Drive, 87.50-83.75
- Conn’s Bastards def. Barqs Motorsports, 90.00-87.50
- Shake and Bake def. Chandler Smoke, 82.00-50.75
- T-Bone def. Pecos Flames, 67.50-67.00
Skin: Jeff Gordon (Fender Benders), $5
In what turned out to be our closest match of the day, Smoke saves the day for T-Bone, as they beat the Flames by 0.5 pt…wow, close! Also close, Ol’ 2 time with another hard luck loss as they lose by less than 4 to the defending champ. Conn punks a Hiltunen for the 2nd week in a row with a 2.5 pt victory over Barqs, and we have a new team at the top of the rankings.
- Shake and Bake, 16-5, 1,670.00 pts
- Happy Hour JR Machine, 15-6, 1,726.75.00 pts
- Conn’s Bastards, 14-7, 1,728.00 pts
- Pecos Flames, 12-9, 1,727.25 pts
- Fender Benders, 10-11, 1,556.00 pts
- Buzz, 9-12, 1,565.75 pts
- Barqs Motorsports, 8-13, 1,480.75 pts
- Chandler Smoke, 8-13, 1,387.75 pts
- T-Bone, 7-14, 1,387.25 pts
- Yooper Drive, 6-15, 1,504.75 pts
Full results/standings are here.