Welcome to the 2013 LFN Season!
The tone was set early in this race as some of the huge favorites to win wrecked out early (Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick). Danica…impressive? Not bad, hung around top 10 all day, finished 8th, a good gamble by the Pecos Flames to start her. Bad day to be a Toyota as their engines kept blowing up one-by-one, taking out some more favorites (Kenseth, Ky. Busch). But the race ends like it usually does, a crap shoot to the end, with ol’ 5-time holding off JR to get the win, and the skin for Barqs Motorsports.
- Barqs Motorsports def. Yooper Drive, 98.25-35.00
- Shake and Bake def. Fender Benders, 84.25-65.00
- Pecos Flames def. Buzz, 95.50-48.00
- Busch Whackers def. Conn’s Bastards, 55.50-39.50
- Chandler Smoke def. T-Bone, 61.25-54.75
Skin: Jimmie Johnson (Barqs Motorsports), $5
Some really low scores from the Petty Division; Chandler Smoke lead the charge with a whopping 61.25 pts, good enough for #2 in the first set of Power Rankings for 2013. It will be interesting to see how this season shakes out!
- Barqs Motorsports, 1-0, 98.25 pts
- Chandler Smoke, 1-0, 61.25 pts
- Pecos Flames, 1-0, 95.50 pts
- Shake and Bake, 1-0, 84.25 pts
- Busch Whackers, 1-0, 55.50 pts
- Fender Benders, 0-1, 65.00 pts
- T-Bone, 0-1, 54.75 pts
- Buzz, 0-1, 48.00 pts
- Conn’s Bastards, 0-1, 39.50 pts
- Yooper Drive, 0-1, 35.00 pts
Full results/standings are here.