Uh oh 5-time
Happy Labor Day to all! A fairly exciting race last night sets the stage for the final week of the regular season. Let’s get right into the results and lay out the playoff/division scenarios.
- Busch Whackers def. Pecos Flames, 104.50-71.00
- Buzz def. Shake and Bake, 68.50-54.00
- Fender Benders def. Conn’s Bastards, 100.50-64.75
- Barqs Motorsports def. T-Bone, 71.25-52.50
- Yooper Drive def. Chandler Smoke, 83.25-82.50
Skin: Kyle Busch (Busch Whackers), $5
Good news if you have 13 wins because you are in the playoffs! The 5 teams with 13 wins are in: Busch Whackers, Yooper Drive, T-Bone, Chandler Smoke, and Fender Benders. Holding on to the 6th and final spot is Barqs Motorsports with 3 teams at 11 wins. So…here are some scenarios:
- Fender Benders holds the current division lead as they hold a 3-1 head to head advantage over Yooper Drive; if they win this week against Chandler Smoke they clinch division and #2 seed/bye.
- If Yooper Drive wins with a FB loss, they win the division and get the bye
- Barqs plays BW this week; if they win they are in. They can’t win the division as FB holds a 3-1 head to head advantage over them. If they lose, the only 11 win team that has a chance is Conn’s Bastards; they are 1-1 vs. Barqs, but would need to score a ton of points to outscore Barqs. Shake and Bake are too far back on points to have a chance.
- Chandler Smoke holds a 3-1 head to head over T-Bone
- Yooper Drive holds a 2-0 head to head over Chandler Smoke and is 1-1 with T-Bone
Confused yet? Me too!
- Busch Whackers, 18-7, 1,895.00 pts
- Fender Benders, 13-12, 1,794.50 pts
- Chandler Smoke, 13-12, 1,930.25 pts
- T-Bone, 13-12, 1,968.25 pts
- Yooper Drive, 13-12, 1,799.25 pts
- Barqs Motorsports, 12-13, 1,860.50 pts
- Conn’s Bastards, 11-14, 1,822.50 pts
- Pecos Flames, 11-14, 1,713.00 pts
- Shake and Bake, 11-14, 1,627.75 pts
- Buzz, 10-15, 1,798.25 pts
Full results/standings are here.