We head into division play, and I think this is the closest the standings have ever been at this point in the season. Six teams are 6-4?? All I can say is, score A LOT of points these next 3 weeks. With the way scoring has been going this year, this will be a shootout to the end. Riding high on the Bullet Train this week is Mr. Mahomies, who somehow acquired DJohnson before the deadline and gets crap-sh!t luck out of MBreida on MNF [really?] to put up 170.1 pts, a new franchise high. Other notes:
- 6-4, Part 1: Dropping to 6-4 is Donnie Barqs, who lose a close one to ATHNN [NYJ D -6 v. BUF??, who’d have thunk it?]
- Fun Fact: On this day in 1964, “Oliver!” closes at Imperial Theater after 774 perfomances. Perhaps Oliver Mood is thinking about who they are going to close out this week.
- 6-4, Part 2: ZErtz goes bananas on SNF as SCH moves to 6-4 with close win over 4th and 20.
- Fun Fact: The #1 song this week in 1964 was ‘Baby Love’ by The Supremes. I would imagine this song plays on repeat at the PRivers household.
- 6-4, Part 3: H.Y.C. finally start Big Ben and roll to 6-4 with a decent win over TRiM.
- Fun Fact: The #1 movie this week in 1964 was ‘Kitten with a Whip’, a very apt description of MStafford this season.
- Crappie Report: We have LFFL history as Gid’s Kids ‘smash’ the Crappie record with #5 for the year.
- Fun Fact: This week in 1964, Gid’s Kids owner was 17 years old. 17 is the avg combined pts for the Kids 2 RB’s this year.
Key Matchups: Week 11
Scoring 40 for Mahomies [-13.9] v. Klaver Football Club: Huge huge huge matchup
4th and 20 v. Cabana Kid [-8]: Ditto
The spreadsheet can be located at LFFL stats.