The playoffs are here! I believe we have seen LFFL history; A Team Has No Name was sitting at 1-6 and looking completely out of the playoffs. Here we are, 6 weeks later, 6 wins in a row, 2 Bullet Trains in a row, and the #6 seed in the playoffs. Crazy! Averaging an eye-popping 144.5 points the last 4 weeks, I certainly don’t want to play this team right now, clearly the favorite to win it all. Other notes:
- #2 seed: Surviving the deadly Red Division is Klaver Football Club, who was similarly lingering around .500 before they made their run. They claim the #2 seed and 1st round bye with a Red Division title. Hats off to the Red Division; 3 out of 4 teams in the playoffs, well done! All teams with at least 7 wins, tough luck H.Y.C. as they are odd man out. KFC is too strong at this point, clearly the favorite to win it all.
- #3 seed: Literally this is exactly what I typed last year word for word for the #3 seed: “Cabana Kid backdoors their way into a division title, suffering a horrendous loss this week, but….who cares! CK takes the $$ and earns the #3 seed with points scored.” Creepy; it’s like deja-vu all over again. They move on with a grimace, catching the last Crappie of the year. No matter; too many weapons, and this team is clearly the favorite to win it all.
- #4 seed: The defending champ just missed out on a division title, but no matter, they are IN, and at the #4 seed, with a few favorable matchups, could be back to back, this team is clearly the favorite to win it all.
- #5 seed: Literally this is exactly what I typed last year for the #4 seed, let’s use for the #5 seed this year: “Not the way THE BULLDOGS wanted to end the season by taking the loss and missing out on the bye, but still IN the playoffs as a 4 seed and getting a sniff at the $1K. Don’t sleep on this team.” Creepy again! Scoring the most points in the regular season to collect the Mike Martz trophy, with PMahomie and TGurley leading the way, this team is clearly the favorite to win it all.
- Crappie Report: The prestigious CRAPPIE MASTER trophy which goes to the team with the fewest points in the regular season, coveted by all I’m sure, goes to Gid’s Kids, who collected an LFFL record 6 crappies this season. A Toilet Bowl title will erase all those woes.
Playoffs, Round 1:
#6 A Team Has No Name [-5.5] v. #3 Cabana Kid
#5 Scoring 40 for Mahomies [-10.7] v. #4 Straight Cash Homie
Toilet Bowl, Round 1
#11 TRiM MyT Bastards v. #10 The Monsoon [-17.4]
#12 Gid’s Kids v. #9 4th and 20 [PK]
The spreadsheet can be located at LFFL stats.