Week 2 is in the books and while there were some great games, let’s all acknowledge the elephant in the room. You know, that one player on the waiver wire that everyone spent all weekend furiously scanning their roster, the waiver rules, possible game outcomes, trying to figure out how to get him on their team. Talks of tanking of which I never thought I’d hear in this league, praying to go 0-2. Well, he’ll be available on Thurs; who will be the lucky owner to get: GARDNER MINSHEW #gocougs. One team that won’t get his services, nor do they need them is the defending champ Scoring 40 for Mahomies, with a typical Mahomie like day, riding this week’s Bullet Train; this could get ugly for the rest of the league if this keeps up. Other notes:
- Tanking, Part 1: It came down to MNF [again] and it was looking good for H.Y.C. to be in the drivers seat for GMinshew’s #pornstache services, but an 89 TD by OBJ pushed ATHNN in to the top waiver spot.
- Key Observation: With ARodgers off to a slow start, GMinshew #MinMagic will fit in quite nicely here.
- Tanking, Part 2: Bad luck by the Cabana Kid; they lose DBrees for 6 weeks, and sit in the 1st loser position on the waiver wire. GMinshew #DrFuMinshew would have been the savior they have been looking for all these years.
- Key Observation: MStafford for MVP.
- Tanking, Part 3: A NChubb MNF TD sealed TRiM MyT D’s loss, and slots them at 3rd in the waiver wire, no chance they will claim GMinshew #MinShewChooChoo.
- Key Observation: DCook for MVP.
- Crappie Report: Back to the Cabana Kid as they dive in the water and grab this weeks Crappie with both hands. Could you have imagined the combo of KJohnson and GMinshew #ThePeoplesQuarterback ? Lethal.
- Key Observation: JWilsonJr is a vulture, or so I’ve been told.
Key Matchups: Week 3
ATHNN v. Donnie Barqs: 2-0 vs new look 0-2 [and hopefully newly named]
4th and 20 v. Straight Cash Homie: Interesting 1-1 division matchup
The spreadsheet can be located at LFFL stats.