Only 2 more weeks to go in the regular season, and as per usual, the playoff race is heating up with no guarantees for anyone. There are currently SIX teams at 6-5, and with KFC pretty much clinching the RED division, that means grip time for the other 5. Score those points; if the playoffs started today all 4 teams from the WHITE division would be in, a league first! Unfortunately [or fortunately] the playoffs don’t start today. Making their final push for a spot is this week’s Bullet Train winner Straight Cash Homie, posting an impressive 166.7 pts behind LV TQB. We have a T Hill sighting. Other notes:
- Bold Predictions, Pt. 1: Gonna go out on a limb here, I’ve gone to the Magic Wall, the Commish is projecting that KFC will win the RED Division title. I don’t think those small counties in the UP are gonna find 2 wins [plus 2 KFC losses] and make up a 128 pt difference for Gid’s Kids.
- Key Observation: Chants of #StopTheCount heard from KFC nation.
- Bold Predictions, Part 2: The race for the BLUE division title is too close to call at this point. My prediction: Only ONE team from this division gets in; outside of Dust Devils, this division is lacking in points scored just a bit.
- Key Observation: The defending champ is literally on the ropes sitting 5-6, they need a #HailMurray.
- Bold Predictions, Part 3: As I head over to the Magic Wall, we have another projection: H.Y.C. will not get a chance for their first LFFL title this season. Despite winning this week, 3-8 is not gonna get it done. #HYC2024
- Key Observation: A failed campaign for 2 time champ WAWTTWW, also at 3-8.
- Crappie Report: I had to do a double take as it wasn’t completely obvious who caught the Crappie this week, but the honor goes to the Dust Devils with 105 pts. Somebody had to get it.
- Key Observation: Sitting with the most league points at 1555.6, the Dust Devils have to get in….right?
Key Matchups: Week 12
TRiM MyT D’s v. Dust Devils: This division does not disappoint.
Cabana Kid v. 4th and 20: Division of Death rolls on.
The spreadsheet can be located at LFFL stats.